Urchin Underpass features two identical sides that are shaped like large Ls. The areas in this map contain large open areas and Secret Alleys which lead into the Center Plaza.
- Center Plaza - The Center Plaza serves as the chokepoint of the map, and is where most battles occur. The space is comprised of a lowered dirt and grass area accompanied by 2 trees.
- Central Ramps - The most direct entrance to the center area is a large pathways comprised of several ramps which accent and decent into the grass center area and a thin path to the side onto more level ground.
- Secret Alleys - There are two Secret Alleys are located near the Center Plaza. They are areas off to the side with some large Glass panels. This area is gotten to by either the ramp towards the base or a wall leading onto the larger Glass panel towards the center area.
Hints and Tricks
First of all, you need a weapon with the Sprinkler. Go the middle area of Urchin Underpass. Look up at the speakers and billboards above the middle area. If you throw your sprinkler up there, it will stick, leaving a hard to reach Sprinkler with a lot of ground it can cover.
- Shooter- This course is one of the largest in the game, making it easy to cover lots of turf. With weapons like the N-Zap 85 and Aerospray MG, you can easily score over 1000 P. This also allows you to use your special multiple times. Take advantage of the secret pathway or ramps to ambush enemies
- Roller- Like the shooter, you can rack up lots of P. However, since you are outranged by almost everyone on a relatively open course, try to play stealthy, or charge your opponents
- Charger- The middle or the secret passage way are the best spots to pick off opponents. However, opponents can sneak up the ramps, or the wall right beneath you.
- Slosher- Very similar to shooter. This excels at sneaking up on Chargers who don't pay attention
- Splat Zones - The only Splat Zone located in Urchin Underpass is in the Center Plaza, where the two teams cross paths. Chargers can easily take control of the Splat Zone from a Secret Alley if the opposing team is not paying attention.
- Tower Control - The tower is located in the center of the map. The tower will go straight forward and go to the finish which is near the rival Respawn Point.
- Rainmaker - The Rainmaker is located in the center of the map. The Rainmaker must be taken to a pillar located up the ramp leading near the rival Respawn Point.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Urchin Underpass appears as a Battle Mode stage in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, with its layout remaining largely intact, albeit with the addition of ramps and other features.
- This map was first revealed at E3 2014 and was the only playable map at the time.
- The map was released in the initial release of Splatoon on the game's release date of May 29, 2015.
- If one looks closely on a wall near a Secret Alley, there is a Blooper sprite from Super Mario Bros. as a wall painting. As for the other side, there is an Octorok sprite from The Legend of Zelda. This may mirror the Inklings and the Octarians, respectively.
- Urchin Underpass had been under construction from the August Big Update, it was redesigned to a bigger landscape and the trees were moved to the center. It was unavailable for any online matches between August 2nd to August 5th.
Names in other languages
|Under Deca Line Girder Bridge|
Deca Line = 10 lines = Number of Squid Tentacles
|French (NA)||Passage Turbot||Turbot Passage|
|Spanish||Parque Viaducto||Viaduct Park|
This section contains spoilers for Hero Mode.
Drop down the information below with caution unless you have completed Hero Mode. Spoilers are below.
Spoilers end here.