It allowed players to engage in free 4 vs.4 Turf Wars at scheduled times ahead of the release of Splatoon.
During the Global Testfire, players were able to customize their Inklings and enter a tutorial area where they could pop balloons and get accustomed to the game's controls. They were then able to enter online matches of Turf War and use the Splattershot Jr., Splattershot, Splat Roller, and Splat Charger on both Saltspray Rig and Walleye Warehouse.
In order to ensure a sufficient number of players for the Testfire, Nintendo designated the following times to be used. At other times, the application is unplayable.
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 12-1 PM
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 10-11 PM
- Sunday, May 10th 2015 4-5 AM
- Sunday, May 24th 2015 7-8 AM
- Friday, May 8th 2015 8-9 PM PST
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 4-5 AM PST
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 12-1 PM PST
- Saturday, May 23rd 2015 3-4 PM PST (up to 5 PM PST due to connection errors for most of the original time)
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 4:00 BST
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 12:00 BST
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 20:00 BST
Splatoon Global Testfire Return
There will have another chance to play the demo again after the game had released.
- August 3rd to 9th 2015 9-10 AM
- August 21st to 23rd 2015 3-5 PM PST
- August 22nd to 28th 2015
- ↑ Whitehead, Thomas. "Splatoon Global Testfire Suffers Major Problems in Final Pre-Launch Session." nintendolife. Gamer Network, 23 May 2015. Web. 23 May 2015.