When a Splat Bomb is thrown, a second after deployment, it explodes and coats the area in its respective team's color of ink. It also splats any opposing teammates when close enough and if it doesn't splat them, it puts opposing ink color on them, meaning they could be attacked and splatted because their opposing team - the player's team - can track them on the map when they are covered in opposing ink (as long as they are not splatted).
|Splattershot Jr.||Splat Bomb||Bubbler|
|Splat Charger||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Splatterscope||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Hero Charger Replica||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Splattershot Pro||Splat Bomb||Inkstrike|
|Dual Squelcher||Splat Bomb||Echolocator|
|Gold Dynamo Roller||Splat Bomb||Inkstrike|
|N-ZAP '85||Splat Bomb||Echolocator|
|Luna Blaster Neo||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Hydra Splatling||Splat Bomb||Echolocator|
|Sloshing Machine||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush|
|Octobrush Nouveau||Splat Bomb||Inkzooka|
|Custom Range Blaster||Splat Bomb||Kraken|
Splat Bomb can be a very versatile sub weapon due to its property of exploding after a brief moment and ability to slide and bounce.
- Wall Bounce - A basic use for the Splat Bomb is ricocheting it off a wall to secure a tight corner not normally reachable. Due to much of its momentum being lost after the bounce this tactic is to be used in tight close quarters combat.
- Super Jump Killer - Due to the weapon's ability to explode and kill after a brief moment, a well placed Splat Bomb can be used to splat a Super Jumping opponent without even having to camp their jump spot. This also negates the threat of a roller coming in from above.
- Quick Explosion - The Splat Bomb does not start its detonation until after it hits the ground. This property can be taken advantage of as skimming the bomb across the ground makes it detonate a little faster opposed to lobbing it in the air.
- Ledge Guarding - Due to the Splat Bomb not sticking on surfaces, it is possible to use the Quick Explosion trick but off of a ledge or ramp. Doing so will make the Splat Bomb lose most of its momentum by skimming the ground, and it can simply slide down the ramp or fall at the base of the wall, putting enemies below in harm's way.
- Makeshift Mine- In a last-ditch scenario, throw it straight down and run
Names in other languages
|French (NA)||Bombe splash||Splash bomb|