"Sheldon has used the blueprints to adjust the sub and special setup. Trap your opponents in a sticky situation with the sub, or deliver a long range strike with the special."
Charger-type weapons generally aren't used to cover as much turf as the Shooter or Roller weapon types. Instead, they provide cover and/or pressure to high traffic areas of the map, as well as key choke points, allowing the rest of the team to move more freely.
The New Squiffer is same stat-wise as the Classic Squiffer, but its Ink Mine and Inkzooka make it play very differently. The shorter range makes this weapon favor less open maps, such as Port Mackerel. The Ink Mines can also be used to "hold" a choke point, if any are in the map. Finally, the Inkzooka lets your range increase significantly for six seconds, letting you easily overtake enemy Chargers, or anybody who may be holding a single position.
Tips for facing each weapon type
- Shooter-type weapons don't pose too much threat, so long as you're abusing your range. Take a shot and back up if you miss, repeating as necessary. If you're in a bad spot, or end up facing an enemy that outranges you, like a Jet Squelcher, lay a mine and swim away to another area, until you're no longer uncomfortable.
- Rollers-type weapons are easier than Shooters. Same plan as against the Shooters; shoot and back up as needed. If you know he doesn't have a Bomb Sniffer ability, you can also quickly swim around a corner and lay a mine, which should deal with these players effectively.
- Charger-type weapons will give plenty of trouble here, because of their range. Direct confrontation is a bad idea, and instead you should focus on sticking to covering cramped corridors and holding them from the other weapon types. Once your Inkzooka is charged, you can deal with Chargers much more effectively.
Helpful abilities for this weapon
Ninja Squid is great for Squiffer weapons, because of how likely they are to skirmish. Haunt is also another viable option. Ink Resistance Up can be used more effectively here than any other chargers because of the close proximity to the fight as well. Arguments for Bomb Sniffer can be made as well. Defense Up can be used efficiently too, and could make or break a stressful situation.
- The Squiffers' Japanese name Squiclean is based on Squid and Magiclean, a cleaner brand.
- Squiffer might be a reference to Swiffer.
Names in other languages
|French (NA)||Lignizateur bêta|