Kelp Dome is a large, indoor greenhouse with many plants and corridors. It has platforms leading up to overhead bridges. Viewed from above, this stage takes the shape of a nearly perfect square. The player can either make their way to the center by circling around the perimeter of the dome, or they can take the high road on the grated catwalks to get straight into the action. The boundaries of the dome and the inner, maze-like structures of the facility are covered in ink-resistant glass.
- Center Platform - The Center Platform is a large, plateaued structure that can be accessed either by climbing vertical paths of Ink up the wall, or by following the overhead bridges. It is a relatively effective yet rather obvious place to shoot down enemies.
- Greenhouse Bridges - long winding pathways lead up to by ramps or the center platform. Since the bridge's flooring is a grate, the player can pass through it in squid form as well as shoot Ink through it.
- Splat Zones - There is one large Splat Zone in Kelp Dome. It is located in the center of the map, overlapping the Center Platform.
- Tower Control - The tower is located on the Center Platform. The tower will go down and to the left of the spawn point.
- Rainmaker - The Rainmaker is elevated on the Center Platform. The Rainmaker must be taken to a pillar located immediately in front of the rival Respawn Point. Both sides of the grate bridges from the pillars are blocked by obstacles so players won't easily carry the rainmaker to the pillars in short distance.
- The map was added to Splatoon on June 10, 2015 at 10pm ET (7pm PT)
- The map was added to Splatoon 2 on September 15, 2017 at 10pm ET (7pm PT)
- Kelp Dome is used in level 8 of Hero Mode when the player first encounters the Octolings.
Names in other languages
|French (NA)||Serre Goémon||Kelp Greenhouse|
|German||Tümmlerkuppel||Bottlenose Dolphin Dome|
- ↑ Live from Squid Research Lab
- ↑ Nintendo Everything on Twitter: "Kelp Dome is also live in Splatoon 2"