|Weapons||Splattershot, other weapons only available within respective amiibo challenges|
|“||The Octarians want revenge after losing the Great Turf War 100 years ago!||”|
— Cap'n Cuttlefish, during the first meeting.
Hero Mode (Japanese: ヒーローモード Hiiroo Moodo) is a single-player game mode in Splatoon. It involves the player donning the Hero Suit and venturing into Octo Valley to rescue Inkopolis' stolen Zapfish and defeat the Octarians.
List of Levels
- Stage 01: Octotrooper Hideout ~ Catch That Zapfish! ~
- Stage 02: Lair of the Octoballs ~ Splat Your Way to the Top! ~
- Stage 03: Rise of the Octocopters ~ Leap to Victory! ~
- Boss 1: Squish, Squash, Smash... The Mighty Octostomp!
- Stage 04: Gusher Gauntlet ~ Take to the Skies! ~
- Stage 05: Floating Sponge Garden ~ Soak It Up! ~
- Stage 06: Propeller-Lift Playground ~ Whispers on the Wind ~
- Stage 07: Spreader Splatfest ~ Ink Stains & Teardrops ~
- Stage 08: Octoling Invasion ~ Kelp Dome Showdown ~
- Stage 09: Unidentified Flying Object ~ Trouble over Inkopolis! ~
- Boss 2: Shootin' the Sneeze... The Dreaded Octonozzle!
- Stage 10: Inkrail Skyscape ~ Walking a Fine Line ~
- Stage 11: Inkvisible Avenues ~ Find Your Path ~
- Stage 12: Flooder Junkyard ~ Renegade Robots ~
- Stage 13: Shifting Splatforms ~ Midnight Rendexvous ~
- Stage 14: Octoling Assault ~ Skrimish at the Skatepark ~
- Stage 15: Undeniable Flying Object ~ Bluefin Sighting ~
- Boss 3: Roll with the Punches... The Rampaging Octowhirl!
- Stage 16: Propeller-Lift Fortress ~ Spin to Win! ~
- Stage 17: Octosniper Ramparts ~ Inkredible Aim! ~
- Stage 18: Spinning Spreaders ~ Time Waits for No Squid ~
- Stage 19: Tumbling Splatforms ~ The Tentacles of Fate ~
- Stage 20: Octoling Uprising ~ Battle at Bluefin Depot ~
- Stage 21: Unwelcome Flying Object ~ Underpass Infiltration ~
- Boss 4: Inkling is on the Menu... The Ravenous Octomaw!
- Stage 22: Splat-Switch Revolution ~ A Change of Scenery ~
- Stage 23: Spongy Observatory ~ More Ink, Less Stink! ~
- Stage 24: Pinwheel Power Plant ~ Slip through De-fences! ~
- Stage 25: Far-Flung Flooders ~ Inkling vs. Machine ~
- Stage 26: Octoling Onslaught ~Rumble at the Rig ~
- Stage 27: Unavoidable Flying Object ~ Skatepark Encounter! ~
- Boss 5: Let's Finish This! Enter the Octobot King!
Hero Mode incorporates various puzzle mechanics and 3D-platforming elements. Gameplay has been compared to Turf War and Super Mario Galaxy, in the sense that it sees players splattering Ink to defeat enemies, transforming into squids, and traversing floating platforms. There are multiple different tools or Mechanics that make an appearance in the Single-Player campaign.
The player's only available main weapon in Hero Mode is the Hero Shot Replica, but also has other sub weapons to assist them: the Seeker (which leaves a trail of Ink), the Splat Bomb (which covers an area in the player's Ink), and the weaker Burst Bomb. The player can only use other weapons in their respective amiibo challenges.
The player has three lives, indicated by a bar with the player's Ink color on the upper left corner of the screen. If the player gets splatted or falls off a ledge, they lose a life, and once all three lives are lost, the player loses the mission, and is sent back to Octo Valley to try it again.
- Power Eggs - Orange fish eggs scattered throughout the domes of the Octarian forces. These eggs can be used to upgrade your weapons in Hero Mode.
|Weapon||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level Max|
- Sunken Scrolls - Sunken Scrolls appear to be lost pages that depict the history and lore of Inkopolis. One can be found in each single player stage in hidden areas.
- The player's Inkling wears a vest, headset, and futuristic shoes during Hero Mode. They cannot be purchased, but replicas are unlocked after completing Hero Mode.
- Before or after any boss battle, creepy moaning and clanging can be heard in the background. This is assumed to be proof that the Octarian civilization is falling apart.
- The bosses fought are some of The Great Octoweapons.
- The song by Squid Sisters, "Calamari Inkantation", is respectively reused in the amusement park ride called "Matterhorn", "Flying Bobs", and "Music Express".
This section contains spoilers for Hero Mode.
Drop down the information below with caution unless you have completed Hero Mode. Spoilers are below.
- Callie and Marie appear in Hero Mode as Agents 1 and 2 respectively. They speak to the player, but you do not see them apart from their talksprites. They also never reveal their true identity to the player. (Or at least on purpose)
Spoilers end here.
Main article: Hero Mode Walkthrough
Main article: Gallery