Aerospray MG fires very fast, so its user can cover a relatively large area with ink in a short amount of time. Beware, as this weapon isn't the best for Ranked Battle, because of it's low damage. It is also a short range weapon, so it will make quick work of nearby targets. It is in a set with the Seeker and the Inkzooka.
It appears to be based on a type of airbrush, it is specifically visually similar to those used for spray tans.
'Created by Sheldon from his grandfather's blueprints. Extremely high rate of fire. Each shot is weak individually, but a sustained barrage can really pressure opponents.'
Shooters are the backbone of (almost) any good team. They're versatile and varied with each weapon, and cover plenty of ground, as well as apply more pressure to the enemy team than either Charger or Roller weapons.
The Aerospray MG is the first Aerospray available, and is a fantastic weapon for covering lots of ground and dealing with hard to pin down players. While it lacks the power of other Shooter weapons, it makes up for it with the highest rate of fire of any weapon. Combined with its generous spread, it can cover more turf than a Roller, when used right. It also has the Seeker sub, to deal with far away enemies, or the Inkzooka if you need something a bit more reliable. No matter what, this weapon will deal with almost every enemy when played right.
facing each weapon type
- Shooter-type weapons are slightly out of your favor - unfortunately, your weapon has some very low range. The best option is to throw out a Seeker, and from there you can try to take advantage of them trying to dodge the sub if you're comfortable with it, or just run to cover more turf. If it's available, Inkzooka will deal with enemies better than your bombs or your gun, since it takes enemies out in one hit.
- Roller-type weapons will be the easiest matchup, since they rely on close range even more than you. All you need to do is aim and fire. If you're having trouble with them, stop trying to gun them down and settle for a Seeker to pressure them away, while you keep your distance.
- Charger-type weapons have a pretty big advantage over you in this matchup, since they'll likely be out of reach for your sub. The best choice is to save your Inkzooka for these matchups, and pick them off from out of their reach. If your special isn't charged yet, the best choice is to leave the area to cover more turf elsewhere, until it is charged. Of course, sneaking around behind is a perfectly good option as well.
Names in other languages
|Pro Modeler MG|
- This weapon appears to be based off of a generic paint gun, due to how the reservoir is mounted.
- In Splatoon 2, the Aerospray MG changes from a Middleweight weapon to a Lightweight weapon.